Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No Foolin'

Not waking up with a better level of verve made me anxious. I robbed myself of sleep. It was completely my fault. The day stops for no one so off the day began.

I received my apology early this morning when Tab called. He was sorry, but tried to remind me that he did mention yesterday that he thought I was worth more than my current compensation, etc. and didn't mean for my feelings to be hurt. Tsk...he's a good man. I needed him to know that he hurt my feelings and I was glad he was sincere in his apology...

Work is making me a bit crazy and scattered, but I enjoy (most) of my co-workers. I must say that my group is the envy for the manager we have. He is overall a good manager with work and with managing people. His sense of humor is in step with mine. Today he took us out for lunch which was great of him. I took half my lunch back which I thought I would eat as a late afternoon snack, but ended up eating for dinner.

During the course of the afternoon, I was IM'ing with Rob regarding women* I envied as far as looks as we progress to the look I am trying to achieve with my workouts. The following are my picks:
  • Tia Carrere - She's part Filipino and has a great body.
  • Moon Bloodgood - She's part Korean and her pictures were what convinced me to color my hair from blond to auburn last September.
  • Ruffa Gutierrez - She is Filipino and for some reason is THE woman whose looks I envy. I generally like my face except I compare it to hers. Her eyes are dark brown. Some pics show lighter.
  • Ashwarya Rai - Honorable Mention because I love her light eyes with her complexion. She is beautiful. Some say the most beautiful woman in the world. Neh.
He liked my choices except Ash and wasn't impressed by her. Maybe he needs new glasses? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides...achieving their physique will not alter my face too much to look like any of them. It's one of those girl crushes where you just admire the overall look. You never know the true story of what their lives are like to be them. I do like me and just want to be a better version of me.

Tawny (sporting one of her new pretty necklace creations) visited me for a bit this evening to help me with my project. She was taking body measurements or attempting to while I giggled. I am extremely ticklish and she's one of the few I trust to take measurements correctly. Yes, she was a devil and tickled me.

An edict from Rob to help track progress is measurement. For him, anything worth doing is worth measuring. Oh -- tragic and mofugly front, side and back view pics were taken, too. I chose lime colored pants and a black shirt to get the ugly down. My reluctance to do these things are always pushed aside by the new gleam Rob gets in his eyes for some other form of torture. My consolation? Great looking hair in the pics. Hee.

*I am leaving out Angelina Jolie on purpose, Tawny.
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: