Wednesday, April 02, 2008

How's Your Shimmy?

My first and important order of business was to get my boss to scan a "goal" pic for me. This was very much overdue. I should have had it in December. It is from an old Chico's advertisement. I saw her and the picture clicked. No, I am not dyeing my hair back, but I would like to have my clavicles back in full force. Almost sick to say, huh? I can't be too thin though like my goal pic. Women should have curves: natural or if need be..man made. Most of the men I've met like for their eyes to follow dips, hills, and valleys. If not, they might as well look at men. That's my job.

Bridget forgot her gym bag and quite frankly she was tired from the weekend and moving yesterday. I worked out anyway and this time noticed more people during my time which is around 11:20am-11:30am. I told Bridget that there were more girls where usually we are well outnumbered by hunky men. She asked if they were nice and I said yes. They smiled at me. You know, us girls, we're catty and judgmental in a gym. It is just built in and an 'evil gym truth'.

The mailman delivered the belly dancing* and arm exercise DVDs I ordered. The belly dance one has more routine combinations. Woo hoo! Now I can really get my shimmy on. Ha! I need to get another one that demonstrates the finger cymbals (or zils) so I can use one of the two sets I have better. I love the sound they make. My girlies know that I fondly call them My Shing-Shings...Reviewed the belly dancing DVD tonight and the DVD on focusing on the arms. I need to get some resistance bands (think rubber tubing with handles at the end) tomorrow for it. I need a variety of activities so that boredom doesn't set in as it had started to lately. Meanwhile, time to shimmy!


*Belly dancing is one of the requirements of being a goddess of any kind. Why aren't you dancing then?
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: