Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dedication

Woke up with a start and I quickly rolled my body to the right to lean over and glance at the digital clock next to my bed. It calmly proclaimed 6:52am. Crap. I had to meet Kristey by the park at 7:30am. Thank God I already had my gear all set. Hurried and put on my workout gear before taking Cabal for a much more hurried walk. As we wound around the complex, I realized I was a bit hungover from last night. It is rare for me to drink these days and it is usually confined to one drink...

Sunglasses I rarely remember existing were planted on my face before I peeled out of the parking spot. Sucked down a bottle of Starbucks frappucino and had two sugar cookies for energy on my drive to meet Kristey. There was no time for a proper breakfast.

Kristey called me and let me know she was running late. Apparently she hadn't been feeling well and had to stop somewhere and get something to eat. She arrived five minutes after I parked. I wore my heart rate monitor, but I couldn't push her this morning to a more brisk walk. We walked four miles and I barely broke some sweat even in the heat. Made plans to walk again on Thursday after work.

I was confused at what day it was which messed me up. All I wanted to do was sleep, but instead I was on standby so I could speak with the twins when they landed in Los Angeles for a layover en route to the Philippines with their mother and my aunt. Angie ended picking them all up from the airport and driving them to Malibu for brunch and some sightseeing. She had 12 hours with them until their flight departed...

It's been a while since I've had a love quote entry. This isn't another, but I love it and may adopt it as my third favorite quote. One is Matthew 7:7 from the bible, two is the quote by Goethe on the top right of this blog and the third will be this:
I’d rather die of thirst, than drink from the cup of mediocrity.
Isn't that lovely? The words are resolute. Maybe that is why the quote appeals to me.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: