Monday, April 21, 2008

Mood Boosters

Listening to the radio can be an instant mood booster. The Power Station's version of "Bang a Gong" came on as I wound up the garage. I needed the extra zip. Mondays are not for the mild. They need to be attacked with sass and caffeine...lots and lots of caffeine.

I was very happy to see Bridget smiling. During my dinner on Saturday, I received a text message from our boss saying she had injured her neck during roller derby that evening. He was one of many witnesses to the illegal move from another player. On Sunday, I text messaged Bridget to get an update and she called me later assuring me she was just sore despite being pushed and slammed into the rink wall on the tail end of her game. Needless to say, she will be taking it easy the next few days.

Lunched at a sushi place with a man whose company I really enjoy which means I have to work out the rest of the week for sure. That will be three days of lunching at the treadmill. I am taking Friday as a vacation day to spend time with my aunt, cousin and my goddaughter and her twin before they leave for the Philippines the next day.

Talked to Tawny a bit on recalling what I was doing a year ago today. Was it a year already? It was a crazy time and I don't regret any of it. The moments that led to that special event were nuts, very funny and sweet indeed. Poor thing. He never knew what hit him. AGOL landings are always tricky.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: