Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Testy Tuesday

My workout buddy's under-the-weather feeling lingered today so it was to be me and the other crazy hamsters. I looked forward to the time away from my two flat screens . This excitement lasted until I walked into the locker room. Something was amiss and the feeling magnified when I walked into the gym where I expected to be the only one or at least the only female. No, a more mature lady was already on an elliptical machine who normally comes in much later.

The room didn't have the right feeling even as the other hamsters trickled in. I weathered the weird vibe and rushed back to my cube to eat my lunch. Of course, news that my department's seating arrangement was to be uprooted again in two weeks to make room for the marketing department from the other building didn't help any. Yeah...loud Marketing and quiet Finance, a marriage made in heaven. Sigh.

Myrna picked me up for dinner so we could catch up a little and uplift both our spirits with laughter...When I checked my e-mail after, I had received an invitation to a St. Valentine's Murder Mystery party from my friend Dan. The guests are assigned characters and recommended costumes. It is set to be in the Roaring 20's during Prohibition to include gangsters and flappers. Should be fun in two weekends to play the part of Roxanne Redlight.
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: