Thursday, April 03, 2008

Resistant AGOL

Today was supposed to be my commute from home; however, I had encouraged Bridget to stay home yesterday and by me coming in today, she would feel comfortable to call in. A 8:09AM cell text confirmed the other half of my Dream Team would be home sick today. Bridget had been pushing herself and not allowing sufficient recovery from everything: being a mother, roller derby, online classes and moving her family. It was only a matter of time before her body cried for rest.

My boss was working from home today and the network was doing its disappearing act again which meant Tawny was in a good mood. Not. All day I kept my laptop on the wireless card. Slow, but able to work...and catch up with my posse. Hee.

In my world, most everyone has a nickname. It is part fun, part fondness for that person or a mnemonic device to help remember that person. The names are very rarely mean because that is not what the naming is about...I had another strong discussion with Tab and this time on how I was referencing someone. Mind you, he only remembers things if it is important enough to him so it was easier to use the nickname to put this person in perspective rather than use the person's given name. He told me that if it were him, he would be severely hurt. OMG. What ensued next was a discussion lasting until after I got back from my workout. The 30 minutes on the treadmill felt like 10 minutes and I walked at a faster speed. That's how I burned up I was. My feathers were eventually soothed.

Stopped at Target tonight to buy my new set of resistance tubes. I also noticed a big selection of jump rope and (gasp!) there is an exercise DVD for jump rope! Man...I have to get a super resistant bra to do jump rope or I will be giving myself black eyes. Skipped that whole purchase entirely for now and settled happily for the new tubes.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: