Saturday, April 05, 2008

Rescuing York

Waking up was very difficult today, but my doggie was persistent or was that his bladder? Poor thing. Made a decision to drive and get a large cup of my favorite brand of coffee. My coffee stash had finally run out. Couldn't function without it today.

The morning also found me writing a couple of e-mails. One of them I was very glad to be finally writing to a new friend. Circumstances had cut my opportunity to write her last year, but fate stepped in two months ago. Smiles all around.

My Filipino maid has been getting lazy. She had floors to wash, laundry to do and a bathroom to clean. It's hard to get good help these days. I'd say she was bothered about ruining her nails, but I know where she goes and almost nothing can mess those up. Yes, it's true -- even Asian goddesses have to be Filipino maids some time...

I made another foray into my neighborhood and this time it was to satisfy a craving for Chinese food. I shed Shallowville today. No make-up, my hair was down, wearing sweats and almost no jewelry. You would not have recognized your AGOL. Little did I know I would be dressing up as some sort of angel. No, I was not wearing white. Me in white? Maybe ecru...or cream...or red. ANYHOO...It was the role of an angel.

I had just sat in my car and was about to close my door when I saw this older man hurrying towards me with paper. Startled and scared, I said No, thank you loudly and began to shut my door. The little geezer was not to be deterred. He said he needed directions in a frantic English accent. Oh. Hee.

His itinerary revealed a hotel nearby but I forgot where it was. He kept mentioning how it was behind Busch Gardens which was just a couple of miles up the road. I drew him a coarse map so he could get around if he got lost and I used my cell to call the hotel for more specific directions. While filling in the map, I asked him where in England he was from and replied York (way north). I told him I was in Brighton and London last year. He looked at me as if I had grown two heads. Whatever. I sent him on his merry way after we went over the directions again. He was thankful. His missus in the car looked relieved. I wonder how long they had been lost before he broke down and asked me for directions. You know guys and directions. Soon me and my tummy were enjoying Beef and Broccoli.

Confucius Say: Do not judge AGOL by lack of finery for she may be filling role of Filipino maid. Asian Goddesses not paid good with American inflation and recession. Must make do with self...darn it.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: