Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Sludge and Shells

I drink sludge. That's what I call my special drink that I drink with big boba straws and it tastes like unsweetened chocolate with a herby nuance. There are other flavors, but all have that special herby nuance.

This sludge is my mid morning snack before my workout. At $4.67 a complete serving or $2.34 a half serving, "Vega is not only a complete meal replacement, but also an ideal daily health-optimizing supplement". Now I know why they recommend drinking it right away. I let mine sit a bit and the fiber absorbed some of the water and thickened at the bottom. The taste was already interesting, but now the thick texture took it to heights unknown...to humans.

I take the powder in a baby food container for better transport and portion control. Two of the sections equates to one serving. Like my plastic bottle? I couldn't make myself suck down the rest of my oh-so-tasty sludge.




Bridget was back in the office and I asked her if we could have Thai food for lunch. I had my workout gear with me, but I wanted to give my right pinky toe a rest. It had been hurting enough to make me limp down the halls. Lunch was super tasty and made me forget about my toe temporarily.

My temp ambushed me right away when we got back from lunch. She probably wasn't pleased that we went without her. Don't care. She doesn't need to be privy to my own personal time. Anyhoo, we had a big discussion on software that had arrived. Someone from the other building wanted to pick them up, but couldn't because my temp "didn't know anything about it". Are you F'g kidding me? She was the one who told me there was an order that I had to place and have delivered the next day. The receptionist wouldn't release the package because it was in my name. The temp should have stepped up or the very least called me. Grrr.

NOW THEN...I had to get my bag and drive the software over to the other building. Took Bridget with me so we could deliver the software and visit our other peeps including Tawny and Ant. Yeah, the temp wasn't happy with that either because she wasn't invited. She mentioned she had a package to deliver to one of the IT guys. I took it from her and said bye. You should have seen the look she gave Bridget when she rounded the corner to accompany me...

During our visit I picked up the special shells I asked for while one of the helpdesk guys visited the Philippines. It was the missing component I needed to make my Filipino game board complete; the formal name of the game is sungka (pron. soong-kah).

Sungka board set up on top of my bed.



A closer look at my new game pieces or cowrie shells.



The goal is to get the shells home or bahay.


Here is a previous Sungka post where you can visit some links for instructions.


Talked to Kathy on the way home. It's rough now that her company has disabled instant messaging due to viruses that had leaked in through them. Keeping in touch will be a challenge so we will have to do it the old fashioned way via phone and e-mail...Had leftovers from lunch and a more calm evening.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: