Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sleep at 1am, Up at 5am

I never thought that I would be keeping my high school hours as an adult. That was my M.O. as a high school overachiever. Sleep four hours each night and feed off caffeine and adrenaline all day. Relief was on Saturdays where I would not see daylight until 1pm in the afternoon. Only now I don't get relief on Saturdays. I have metamorphosed into an insomniac (modern term for vampire). A vampire AGOL? :::smiling::: There is just too much material in that.

Ate leftover Chinese food from last night for breakfast at work. Hit the spot, too. Mmmm. People seemed confused with the sesame smell so early in the morning. Heard some people making plans to have Chinese food for lunch thanks to the aroma.

Completed my portion of the user testing on our financial application and added a few more things to it before turning it in. I was grateful that was done so I could dive into my regular job again. Won't be quite a regular day tomorrow. My director is taking our team out to lunch and since I picked out the restaurant, I know we're going to suffer from food coma soon after. Should be fun and nice treat for all of us including my new boss.

Bridget was fidgety, sang songs with some standing dance moves (don't ask) near me and was all around goofy. I appreciated that. She in turn told me I was just as much of a lunatic. Yes, she might have a point. I said might. We have to amuse ourselves in between insanity at work. It's our version of anger management. I've told people that I am the sweet one of our dream team. They are stunned when Bridget corroborates the statement.

Gave Jeff a ride to Bar Louie's while Tawny gave their youngest son a ride home before meeting us and the rest of the gang for happy hour. Ant picked the venue. Ugh. I could see the appeal, but I prefer next door at the Blue Martini. My Sunset Margarita wasn't as good as it should have been, but they sure poured heavy on the tequila. Food and Starbucks helped with that potential driving problem.

Wound down at home by watching House and new series called K*Ville, a show about a cop in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Nothing like drama to get you to sleep...and finishing up your Starbucks coffee. Could this be the reason for insomnia? Nope.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: