Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Training Day

Speeding colors. That's what my day was like. I wasn't dizzy per se, but it sped by very quickly. I was training my boss and making sure he had access to applications in between facilitating the installation of new equipment throughout the building.

The vendor rep who made me livid on Friday afternoon came by in the morning and in the afternoon. Talk about kissing ass and walking on eggshells around me. It wouldn't have been so bad if ALL the equipment had arrived. Promising the world to his clients and short-changing at the end seems to be his M.O.

With all this commotion, I didn't get my regular work done so guess who is going to be a busy bee tomorrow? Your AGOL. Aargh!!! Let's pile more busy on top of busy. Did I mention I was training my new boss? He seems like a good guy so far and has a sense of humor.

During lunch, I called and sang Happy Birthday to my stepmother. She had received her parcel from me yesterday and enjoyed everything. She loved the outer box with a balloon print and the pretty packages inside. She thought the shirts were cute and the musical card fun. She left the card in the mail stack so my dad would be sure to enjoy it, too, when he got home.

I know it made my dad happy and proud of my efforts. See, my stepmother and I don't always see eye to eye and she has wished for my approval and almost demanded my love. As we know, love has to be given freely. Not sure what my sisters did for her birthday, but I know I brought a measure of joy to her.

Gosh, it's getting late. I can't remember much else today. My brain is too fatigued. I'm actually admitting to needing some rest. Ha! I'll leave you with a sweet thought wish tonight:

Outside darkness has fallen. I stand next to a street post with a bright lamp at the top lighting the street. My breath stretches out in wispy whorls in front of me as its warmth meets the chilly air. I close my coat, adjust my woolen scarf around my neck and rub my kid glove encased hands. What's that? I see little flecks of white dust in the air, but it is not dust. Snow is falling like twinkling stars...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: