Monday, September 17, 2007

AGOL, the New Spice Girl!

Self-portraits are never easy especially when you've given yourself less than 15 minutes to take pictures before leaving for work and hoping for one good shot. Last time I posted pics of me were from May after my UK trip comparing my before and after tan. (Have to rethink the lipstick color with this hair. Hmm.) Red hasn't been my hair color for 10 years! Not good picture day when you feel blah. Good, bad, ugly or indifferent - I promised a picture.

Here I am as the new Spice Girl...Cayenne. Ha!


Walked into work and felt conspicuous with the new hair. Received warm compliments immediately which was great. Didn't have time to bask in them thanks to a pressurized schedule which I was able to manage through somehow.

The biggest waste of my time was facilitating (read babysitting) a training for over a half dozen individuals on new equipment from the Nemesis Vendor sales rep. I am sure he loved it when I corrected him on his obvious faux pas on one of the functions. I only knew the answer thanks to the service tech from last week who explained it to me. He weathered another impromptu training on the other side of the building. He's coming back on Wednesday.

Tried to complete some user testing on our financial application but didn't receive additional information and permissions on time. That is my first task tomorrow when my portion is due...of course. Sometimes I like a little pressure cooker action.

Left work a little early to take care of Cabal before being picked up by Myrna for dinner. (She's been enjoying her role as houswife lately; her blood pressure went down considerably as a result.) We set out to try this new Chinese restaurant up the road from me which was recommended by Kim. Need to test it out first before meeting Kristey there next week with the rest of the gals.

Tonight at dinner Myrna pushed a simply wrapped lavender package across the table to me and apologized that it wasn't wrapped like AGOL gifts. In it contained the dragonfly necklace with the thin black velvet ribbon chain I had admired in the shop where I bought my stepmother's gifts a couple of weeks ago. She said that she knew I had to have it after seeing my face light up when I saw it the first time. I ended up not getting it, but she went back after she dropped me back off at my apartment. What a great friend to have in your life. I am so lucky that I have a trove of them.



Back home to play with Cabal and watch last season's finale of Heroes before next week's season premiere. Ooh, I can't wait. It is one of the few television shows that is exciting to watch...It's almost 11:30pm and I'm starting to feel like Old Spice. I'd better get some Z's...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: