Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ghost Rider

Arrived at Jeff and Tawny's later than anticipated because of stupidity on my part which I will not elaborate on. Why ruin your image of your AGOL?

Jeff got to work on my car immediately and went to the auto parts store to replace a couple of things. Poor thing was working in the heat and humidity brought on by the afternoon rain. He was such a trooper. When I was not "helping" him, I kept Tawny company before we could go to the store for dinner fixins. We discussed my conversation with my older friend on Happy vs. Extraordinary. She understood him completely: If you make it to happiness, you're okay and you don't miss anything, but if you allow yourself to take the extra effort out of just being content to go on to make your experience richer then you peak at joyful.

My hero of the day was Jeff who fixed whatever the minor thing that was wrong on my car. I just turn it over to make sure it drives. Everything else that is the magic of cars eludes me. Now I am safer driving on the streets (especially at night). Jeff, Damsel in Distress De-Stresser.

We watched Ghost Rider with Nick Cage. It was a fun comic book adaptation to screen. I am not a follower nor a purist on this comic so it was entertaining for me. Several of the lines in this movie were fabulous:

Conversation after Johnny completes a dangerous jump yet crashes at the end of it and survives:
Mack: You should be taking a dirt nap after that rag doll today.
Johnny Blaze: I got lucky.
Mack: I've got a dog named Lucky - he's got one eye and no nuts. Lucky don't cover it.

Gave Tawny and Jeff big hugs for being generally so supportive. Drove home feeling good after hanging out with them. It had been some time for us just to hang out away from work and other people...Went on to check e-mail after taking care of Cabal. My stepmother wrote that my dad was taking an early retirement in November since his office was cutting back on their workforce which was fine with my dad and stepmom. Believe me, Dad has enough activities out of work not to mention his "Honey Do" list. I believe it is a blessing in disguise; he's turning 66 in January and needs to take it easier. Can't wait to get there myself. Just have to wait another 30 years. Egads!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: