Thursday, September 13, 2007

Neon Blue Drink

Just when you think it is safe to breathe... The word busy gets tapped on my forehead so much lately, there is a beginning of a permanent indentation. Did I mention being part of a user testing team on a software application? More meetings today, tomorrow and the next week for all kindsa stuff. May I please have my old schedule back sans meetings?

Bridget strikes again... Marching up to my desk in the afternoon, she advises me not to enter the Ladies Room because someone has fully violated the area. I asked, You? Noooo. Okay. (Had to clear that up first, you know.) She said that she was there from drinking too much water earlier, but decided to play game of Tetris on her cell phone for a minute while she was otherwise engaged. She found herself getting to Level 11 in the game and decided to leave when the violation was at its zenith. I asked her if her butt and leg got numb from her gaming position. She confirmed that she had to walk like Quasimodo getting out of the room and then noticed the identity of the offender getting out of the stall. By the time the story was told in its entirety, I was in tears.

The universe always has proper timing for things and I decided to go down the hallway before I packed up and left for the day. I was passing by the elevator vestibule and saw my friend Nikki inside. She IM'ed me earlier and she wasn't in the best mood. I opened the door, said hello and gave her a hug. She thanked me and took the elevator down.

While I was at Happy Hour at the Blue Martini with several of my gang, I received this text from her: Wow u will never know how much that hug meant to me. Again thank u so much 4 being such a positive person in my life *Nikki.

It is incredibly easy for me to be positive for other people. Being positive for myself is quite the opposite. I find it very trying. Sigh.

Tawny's husband Jeff decided to order the lounge bar's namesake drink, The Blue Martini. DJ remarked that it looked like a lava lamp. It totally does!


I can't drink anything made with Blue Curacao because it makes me sick. I teased Jeff that he was drinking Smurf Essence. Everyone had a hilarious drink before topping the time by ordering their favorite java at Starbucks. Got home at a good hour and did not feel too guilty for making the dog wait.

Watched a small portion of TV which was preempted by President Bush's Primetime Speech. I tried to listen, but just couldn't sustain interest. I don't like it when I lose respect for leaders and authority. It means the system has broken down. Can't have that.

It is raining outside as I type. I know I've mentioned before how much I love rain, but I really do. It's nature's way of cleansing and nourishing all living things. I like the sounds made by the rain, too. Might help me sleep better. I have not been doing that new sleeping ritual for a while. Raindrops on roses...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: