Sunday, September 30, 2007

Soothing Sunday

Woke up feeling much more rested than in recent memory. The morning passed with ease and no haste at all. Rather odd. Didn't speak (voicewise) with a single soul save my Pretty Boy Dog who was loving having his mistress to himself. Spoiled thing.

Finally watched Down with Love with Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor. It was cute and fun, shades reminiscent of Doris Day and Rock Hudson films. I followed it with an old classic with a very beautiful James Spader and always good Susan Sarandon in White Palace. It is great to see a film you enjoyed the first time be enjoyable over 17 years later. It is no Oscar contender and must be taken in the context of the era.

Spent a portion of the late afternoon and early evening collaborating with some creative writing. Other people can give you an interesting perspective, but I guess our experiences in life is what makes what we bring to the creative table unique. My mind has been a bit stale lately. A few of my recent posts have been fledgling efforts in starting my creative mojo flowing again. As I've recently learned, The beginning can be found at any point! Not sweating it out too much right now, but will keep trying.

Had delicious Chinese food leftovers and still have some for lunch tomorrow. Made some more jasmine rice to go with it. The aroma just sends me into a headspace where I feel deeply comforted. The comfort was distorted later by watching the animated episodes of The Family Guy and American Dad. Demented humor. It will get me ready for the demented humor at work tomorrow. Come to think of it...maybe it is just demented at work.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry Honey,
I know you too well - It's not just demented at work! hee hee

helloagol said...

Thanks...Isn't our friendship contract up for renewal in February? Ten wonderful years and two companies, ho-tress! ;p