Sunday, September 09, 2007

Shove Me Tender

I'm thinking that trying to sleep in is not working for me at all. It just ends up annoying me and the dog. We're going to have to compromise somewhere along the way.

Started to get ready for the day around 11am and eventually made a run to fill up my gas tank and run errands. Stopped at the store to get some portable folding sports chairs so Tawny and I could sit on the rink. Somehow a crafting tractor beam got me at the last minute and I ended up with foam hearts, foam letters and shapes with adhesive, metallic chenille stems and adhesive pin backs. I created these badges for us to wear in support of Hot Pocket. If I believe in you, I will do most anything to cheer you on and help support you. These little things get everyone focused, too.

My dining room table hasn't seen a craft project in months!


Picked up Tawny at her sister's home. They were watching the Green Bay Packers win over the Philadelphia Eagles. (I avoid watching football myself since I tend to get too involved and lose my voice.) We stopped to have an early dinner at a new burger joint in the neighborhood and were impressed. I'm not big on burgers, but this place is on the Approved List.

Here's Hot Pocket stopping by to see us in the middle of warm-ups. Fishnets, pads and roller skates - what could be sexier?


Holding up two extra badges for her to pass out to her other supporters.


All smiles with Ant and his (saintly wife for being with him) Becca. My - what cute badges!


Funny man Joey from work and his adorable wife Leslie. She's been to these bouts before but I don't think she ever had to wear a stylish badge.


Michelle is rockin' the Viking Hat (as our Viking Queen) and The Badge.


Becca was taking her turn with the Viking Hat.


Captured Hot Pocket and some of the girls warming up around the rink with me yelling "Hot Pocket" at the end as she passes by us.


My gosh. These girls skated, shoved and fell throughout the game. It was a great match to watch -- no powder puffs in this roller derby game. These girls would eat you alive! They have names like Sasha Haughtbitch, Spank Sinatra, Anne Tagonize, Wild Cherri, Mama Trauma, Joan of Ache and our own Hot Pocket. It was indeed very exciting and incredibly entertaining. Our team won 107 points to their 98.

You had to be there for this guy's whole performance during the two breaks. Ladies and gentlemen, a token video of Elvis Wesley.


I'd definitely go again. The girls don't have another home game for a couple of months; they are all away games. (Yawning) I'd better roll into bed myself. Might have to use skates to get around all the work piled at my desk.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: