Monday, September 03, 2007

No Labor Today

Cabal was mean to me. He would not let his mistress sleep in during the Labor Day holiday which meant at 5:13am we were out for a walk. In defiance, I went back to sleep until the ache in my hips could no longer be ignored. By that time, he was ready for his breakfast and his playtime. We all know who's in charge in this relationship.

Listened to sexy Roxy Music's Greatest Hits CD and another oldie CD by Sonique as I got ready to go out. I dig that chick - she is fierce! Sometimes you just have to make a conscious decision to tune out the news of the world and play music. It's too much junk to be able to let good things flourish within a being.

Drove to Gibsonton to visit my cousin Ida and her family for a barbecue lunch. The twins were in rare form with my goddaughter interviewing me as part of a class assignment. It was interesting to pick both of their minds in return.

Elizabeth and Charles, the twin's budgie bird pets, were brought in as thunder got closer.


Stopped by my aunt and uncle's on the way back to hear about their long weekend in Galveston, Texas with longtime friends (42+ years!). My aunt made me take home some jackfruit from her yard and some dried fish she bought in the Chinatown part of Galveston. She also made me a Filipino banana treat before I left. On the way out, we talked about her front garden which is truly exotic.

From my aunt's front garden, the National Flower of the Philippines: Sampaguita. The bushes of these were in full bloom. My empty soda can became my makeshift vase until I got home. It's strong fragrance permeated the car thanks to the air conditioning.


Perfect resting day right before a laborious week. Hope the new boss has a sense of humor. I know for sure he's going to need it...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: