Thursday, September 06, 2007

Crazy Daisies

It's not good to have more work before your tackling backlogged work. This forced me to abandon my new boss most of the day to his own devices. I was available for questions and short meetings, but no one-on-one training. It was too much to ask of me today. His choices were to sink or swim. I threw him some projects he could take over and work on which seemed to make him happy. I'm all about happy.

Took a tired Tawny out to lunch. Poor thing was at work a little after 6am. Her husband had to come in early and continue fixing an application issue from midnight. Both hadn't really gotten any sleep. Jeff went home at lunch to finally get some sleep leaving Tawny to be taken home by her son later.

What are two tired and stressed gals to do? We did not settle and instead treated ourselves to Crazy Buffet where our Asian Fusion dreams came true. My plate had a mix of Korean, Chinese and Japanese dishes. Skipped the sushi and sashimi buffet. I won't eat those unless it is prepared for me minutes before I eat it. The seaweed salad was really tasty and the green tea cake was a nice finish.

My workday ended with work still awaiting my attention. This makes me antsy but there is only so much you can do in a day without a clear head. Perhaps tomorrow will be better. I already know that my morning will be continuing my facilitation of equipment installation left over from yesterday. The vendor is coming back with service technicians and the missing equipment. Oh, joy!

I'm just wilted. I have no smart puns, comedic anecdotes (oh jeezus -- actually typed that as antidote at first!) or fun pics to share. Forgive me? Not waiting for an answer -- PBD wants to be walked right now before he herds me to the bedroom. He even tells me when I should be sleeping. Damn dog.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: