Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Translated is Blah

Not enjoying the vibe at work. It feels all jumbled. I also arrived earlier than my boss and Bridget again. Figured Bridget was sore and tired from the roller derby last night. She's not a morning person and I know better than to bug her first thing when she comes in. My boss on the other hand quickly greeted me when he noticed me already working at my desk.

Ate a large steamed bun filled with pork mixture called siopao (pron. Show-Pow), a Filipino treat from my Asian adventures this weekend. Mildly worried about the aroma since most people tend to smell bacon when people eat breakfast at their desks. Tried to focus while I enjoyed each tasty bite.

Spent some time training my boss on our financial application from start to finish. It wasn't important that he memorize each step, just how it flows. Repetition is the mother of skill and he's just going to have to dig in on his own time.

Can't remember much between the training and our late afternoon meeting that Bridget and I were roped into. I realized later that my contributions were significant to the discussions with two Finance Directors on how our business is currently conducted. Thank God it was a high level perspective and not getting it down to 18-digit GL codes. I hate that part. My creative brain starts to go haywire.

Oh, did get a query for happy hour this week from someone who felt he was left off the invite last time even though it was only about getting my old group together two weeks ago. Received positive RSVPs within an hour of sending this week's invite. I should change profession. Not that it hasn't come up before of being an event coordinator. Can't think about that at the moment. Ugh.

Enjoyed more of the tilapia fish, blue crab, Filipino veggies and rice for dinner. Now that is comfort food! Watched some television and had a short nap...Mondays just suck. There is not enough coffee and chocolate to make it good throughout the day, but the Flip food for dinner did the trick of uplifting my mood. Gonna sleep well tonight.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: