Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tranquilizers and Morpheus

Accidentally turned off my cell phone before bed last night. This meant there were no alarms to sound off and wake me up. It didn't stop me from opening my eyes and seeing 4:57am on my bedside clock. On time. Thank God for that.

Left over full moon madness was still working its voodoo on the highway this morning. I was delighted to be able to practice my cursing skills in incredible lurid detail. While it felt good, it was a little exhausting. Can't take much more of starting my days like this. It should ease off next week.

I decided that I needed to find a tranquilizing device for my boss. Instead of just instant messaging Bridget and me, he also comes over our cube area to discuss the same thing and/or give us a play by play update on issues. Don't get me wrong. He is a decent man, but he's a spazz. Every time he comes over, I have to acknowledge him. It's like a drive-by update drop that lasts maybe two to five minutes. When he leaves, it takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to get my mindset back on my work. Minutes go by and the cycle starts again with another update.

Lunch was quiet with Lisa worried about my staring into space and being less than my effervescent self. I am tired and still not feeling like myself this week....Tawny stayed home again today, but I think she will be at work tomorrow. Hope so especially when she text messaged me this evening for a lunch date and a possible trip to Sephora (aka AGOL Heaven).

Stayed later at work to get some stuff done and ended up talking to Kathy on the way home and more so after I parked my car at my apartment complex. Haven't been able to catch up with her properly. She is my group's autumn angel and she is definitely in season. Kathy still owes me a pic of her cube pimped out for autumn.

Ate a bit of dinner and watched season premieres of American Office Space and ER. It was pretty intense, but I wasn't engaged in the emergency room stories. It was as if I was watching them through a foggy window. I kept hearing Morpheus' call and he's been whispering to me since before lunch. I may succumb to him earlier tonight. Hypnos will weave his magic first, of course.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: