Friday, September 07, 2007

Thank Goddess

It wasn't motivation that got me to work early. It was my desire to leave earlier. Hey, after a hellishly long short week, priorities change. Very grateful for it ending.

My new boss was off on his own again with tag team meetings with me and Bridget. We took turns spending time with him and answering all his questions. He's going to be okay, I think. This is not why, but he's mentioned possibly hooking us up with choice VIP hockey tickets with locker room access. Yeah...Hockey.

Bridget got her nails done at lunch and had them trimmed much shorter for her roller derby bout this weekend. She doesn't want to scratch any of the gals accidentally nor take the chance of her nails ripping off if she falls incorrectly. She promised a treat for a hard work week when she got back and she delighted me with Godiva chocolates. She got two of each and shared. They were beautiful as well as being decadently delicious! Savored them throughout the afternoon.

Starting from the top clockwise: White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, Dark Chocolate Key Lime Pie Truffle and Chocolate with Strawberry Cheesecake.


My Nemesis Vendor was no-show for equipment and a no-show personally. I passed the baton to my boss to deal with him. He left the vendor a firm voicemail only to have the bastard call me instead. Lesser of two evils? He made a mistake. I was polite, but curt. We'll see how Monday turns out for him. The Rule: Underpromise, Overdeliver. Not the other way around.

Made sure my peeps at work bought their tickets for Sunday. They all asked me what time I was going to be there and could I call them when I was on my way. It's too easy to fall back on the role of cruise director. Ant asked if he could bring a flask. If you knew him, you would hug his wife when you saw her. Ha!

I am going to be blissfully busy most of tomorrow. Meeting Kim for The Saturday Four, but only for a short, but intense version because I have an early hair appointment. Getting Korean Michelle to trim my hair. It's gotten really long, more than half way down my back, past the end of my tattoo (three one-inch Chinese symbols to the left of my right bra strap a la Matrix) and possibly....a color change if she has time.

Torn with keeping the blond highlights or getting it dark brown again, but with a chestnut lift. It will be an intense conversation over a hair color sample board, I'm sure. If not tomorrow then in another three weeks when I am due for a touch up. Might follow it with getting my nails done since Sunday afternoon won't allow it. Need to stop at the home improvement store, too.

It's going to be an AGOL Weekend. Just because you don't have someone to spoil you currently, doesn't mean you can't spoil yourself. Besides, it's really upkeep. Your AGOL loves being girlie!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: