Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gathering Marbles

Had to buckle down today and really begin getting things in order for my UK trip. First order of business (and most important): skype conversation with Yummy which didn't last long because he received an offer for a ride to get a new TV. He called me back later when he got back home. We're very excited about next weekend. (Sarah nail biting...)

You'd think after working in retail for years in my 20s, I would still enjoy going to the mall. I do and I don't. Maybe it is the kind of malls here? Carbon copies of each other. Maybe it is the ugly prospect of going to Brandon to shop because maneuvering in traffic could give a five-year old a heart attack? Sounds right.

The traffic gods were smiling upon me today. I was able to find a great parking spot immediately and stopped at three different departments at one store effortlessly. Drove across the main thoroughfare and shopped at another store. Found another spot to park in with ease and was able to get back on the highway with no impatient rants. (Ever heard me curse? It borders on poetic. Ha!)

Stopped at the grocery store for a few items before hurrying home to be timely for skype date with Yummy. He reminds me that the England is not the third world and that I if I miss something on my list (is he kidding?), I could buy it there. I reminded him that I like to be very prepared. Cute thing is going to find out how I can pack a suitcase. He doesn't understand that I am the OCD freak. Besides, England is an island. They only get shipments once a month unless the pirates stop by to trade, right?

Tawny and I ended up shopping tonight for sundry items. If you would've seen our cart where about 65% of the contents were mine, you would say to yourself, You're not taking all that crap on the plane are you? No, of course not...no...maybe...mostly..we'll see. Have to check the weight limit for suitcase on British Airways site. They still have that grace period under the new rules.

Talked to Angie in LA for a few minutes to give her update on shopping expedition. She recommended a brand of walking shoes which I bought this afternoon. The rest of the weeknights are going to be crammed with preparations I would've been making sooner but you know this little thing called my friggin' job. Sigh. I'd better get to sleep.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: