Saturday, April 14, 2007

Around Town

First order of business today was getting my hair colored and trimmed. I needed to feel more like AGOL again. When I arrived at the salon, the energy had changed considerably. The furniture had moved and she was offering more services. Some kind of good feng shui occurred here and I was very pleased. My hairdresser Michelle was in fine spirits, too!

Michelle just went through a much needed divorce; found out later today from Kristey that she was trying to get back with him. I don't get smart women sometimes. Her aunt had stopped down and administered a 10-day treatment of acupuncture -- a treatment I had been begging Michelle to get since allopathic medicine hadn't helped her get better. A lot of it was her negative emotions manifesting in her body.

My hair had been nicely touched up and Michelle cutting it when I received a surprise call from His Royal Yummy. I feel like an idiot during these surprise calls because I get all googly and marshmallowy. What a sap! I usually walk around with brass ones. I instantly turn into mush with Yummy. We were making a skype date today. I had afternoon plans and he had evening plans so were trying to sort it out. We agreed on 6pm AGOLtime/11pm Yummytime.

I was a bit unnerved for it seemed the salon had quieted down and began listening to my end of the conversation. Even worse, I got all teary-eyed after the call and I looked at Michelle and said to her, "He's so nice to me." She replied, "But you're nice to him." To which I iterated, "Yes, I am always nice, but he's so nice to me." She knew what I meant. It is difficult to find a man who is genuinely nice and who treats you nice, too. I was on a marshmallow cloud the rest of the afternoon.

From the salon I had to rush home and freshen up for my lunch date with the girlies at this tiki bar by the beach about 35 miles from my apartment. It was a quick drive on the weekend and most of it was highway driving. I met Kristey, her neighbor Traci and Myrna, who will be staying with Cabal for week one while I am with Yummy.

Tawnyia had been text messaging me while I made my way around this beach bar. She also reminded me that her husband wanted me to sing his birthday song to him. I called Jeff on his cell and sang Maligayang Bati in the car just before I entered the bar. He was happy that I continued this tradition that has been going on for years. Other people have requested the same tradition of having their birthday song sung in Tagalog...

When did it turn so hot? The sun was reflecting horribly from the pavement and the gulf waters just several yards away from us. We sat under an umbrella outside enjoying some breeze, but it was still warm. Even the margarita drink didn't cool me off so I switched to cola.

The girls were subdued maybe because of the heat. We talked about my upcoming UK trip with Kristey grilling me on what the emergency number was for 911 there. I must be the only one not worried. Usually I am freakish about these things, but they've taken over. It's not like I am going to Mexico or Morocco. I still love them for caring though.

My timing home was sooner than anticipated so I texted Yummy to let him know I was home since he wasn't online yet. He called me from the pub he and his friends were in. I was treated to another talk with lively Anton and this time with Anton's wife, Anna, too. I enjoyed the way she spoke, very English-y. Yummy teased me that I should start hearing different English people speak now so I would get used to it. Hmmm.

We talked for a short bit later right before Jeff and Tawnyia picked me up to go their studio space downstairs at the art (old cigar) factory in downtown Trampa . There was an art show and live performance art going on upstairs which we investigated and only became mildly interested in before returning to our own fun. Here are some pics I took tonight.


(Jeff & Tawnyia's Studio Name. Dig it.)


(Art happens here! Loved playing with paint tonight. Second room behind for kilns, equipment and supplies.)


(Very pretty. Tawnyia made this tonight. It was a custom order for a gal at work.)

Didn't get home until 12:30am. I wasn't feeling tired until I started sending these images from cell phone to my e-mail address for uploading on my bloggie. It was a good day spent.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: