Sunday, April 01, 2007

Marmite? No Joke

Happy April Fool's Day!

No, Sarah, it's not a joke. Something that sounds vile can taste good, Marmite, according to Yummy who smeared it on his toast this morning. The jury is still out in the UK and the company has cleverly designed a website with a Love-Hate theme. What is more vile than reading about it is this: Marmite Viral Video . I was never more glad not have had breakfast yet. Double Ew!

On a better note, I did have a wonderful late lunch/early dinner of the dubiously titled recipe from Real Simple called Pasta with Smashed Peas. I had all the ingredients like a proper AGOL. Because it didn't have a complex flavor, I ground up more black pepper for some zing. I also cut down on the pasta amount by half. You can have a heavy hand with salt in the pasta water, but don't add anymore to the finished dish. Oh, I reserved a bunch of the peas for texture and incorporated them just before serving plus they look nice mingling with the noodles. I also love feeling the peas bursting between my teeth when I eat them! There are a few more servings to enjoy.

Talked to Yummy a bunch today which warmed my AGOL self. Don't know if I mentioned it, but the counter on my blog displays how many days left until I am visiting him. It is a little intimidating, but I wouldn't miss seeing him for the world.

Yummy wants to try some Filipino food so I am perusing one of my cookbooks for recipes that are very Filipino, but not too Anglicized. Definitely have to make him some lumpia or Filipino egg roll with some homemade sweet and sour sauce. For him, we will have to cut some chili peppers to garnish the sauce. He has an adventurous palate and loves spicy food. Lucky AGOL!

Posting early today in case I get too tired to write after logging into work later. Anything to get ahead of tomorrow. Too bad that part is not a joke.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: