Thursday, April 12, 2007

Serving Bittersweet

Gratefully, a light at the end of the tunnel arrived today in the manner of a newly hired buyer named Bridget. She is to start working with me full-time which will take a load of pressure off of me and our department. The only catch for her is that she has six days to catch on before I leave on my vacation.

She has proved to be a quick learner and has had some experience with our accounting application. The only challenge is that we've been interrupted by Scouser (yes, he's from Liverpool) sniffing around already at fresh meat. Bridget is petite, endowed and blonde. The very thing that drives me crazy about Scouser is the very thing I find charming. He's a good friend so I had to nicely beg him to rein it in. I just didn't have the luxury of time in talking him up. It was Bridget's first day after all.

By day's end, I was talked out. I filled a cart with my cube contents so I could move things with ease in the morning. Makes me realize how colorful my cube is when now it is just a dull gray.

I felt remarkably happy. I decided to groom Cabal which involved brushing and trimming his long hairs. Sheltie's shed a lot and have long hair which can be matted if not properly seen to regularly. In the middle of trimming the hair behind his right ear, I accidentally cut Cabal. He showed no outward signs of discomfort. I only noticed when I went to trim some more. I had cut through skin so I immediately retrieved special pet first aid meds to clean the area.

Immense guilt set in and thoughts about being a bad mother to my pretty boy dog. I could only attribute the accident to exhaustion. An exhaustion that has lasted a year if one were to really chronicle my job. The only constant in my department has been me and it has taken its toll. My impending UK trip and not being already prepared with items to take and being nervous at meeting Yummy properly took its toll, too.

My cousin Angie in California found herself consoling me for an hour and a half over the phone. I had to call her back at some point because I couldn't breathe from working myself up so much. She helped me sort it out and realize the more important things happening in my life. I took a nighttime formula decongestant for some breathing relief and much needed sleep.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: