Friday, April 13, 2007

Freakless Friday

Happy Friday the 13th and hope you do not suffer from Triskaidekaphobia (Fear of the number 13) !


Made my trek to across the bridge to Clearwater to take Cabal for an unscheduled veterinarian appointment thanks to last evening's hysterics. Gladly, I remembered to spray the car with Comfort Zone which makes the 45-minute drive bearable for both of us.

Cabal will always be a puppy to me. Seeing him sitting in the front seat staring ahead reminds me of how old he is because he gets this old wisedog look about him. Here is a picture from three Christmases go which I absolutely adore. We were living in a rented house in Clearwater then.

Moved my cubicle contents to my new cube across on the other side of the 3rd floor. Still near a window and overlooking the entrance of our building. I made quick work in putting finding homes for everything. Pretty soon I looked like a permanent resident there. I encouraged Bridget to do the same and pimp her cube out.

Spent the morning training Bridget and setting her up for all the access to things so she could do our job. I welcomed the distraction until I received a phone call from the vet's office.

The doctor confirmed that I had cut him but only on the epidermal layer, no sutures were needed. (I think I would've been in the vet hospital nearby had it that been severe...Grrr.) They also informed me of a staph infection he had which wasn't just allergies as it had started out to be. I could pick him up later along with some pills and an ointment tube for the next couple of weeks. I was very relieved...

Scouser came around again...He's so subtle...This time with Galaxy chocolates from the UK. I left him alone with Bridget for a bit. He may have found out about her live-in boyfriend and five year old son from a previous marriage. I didn't confirm because to him the live-in is a challenge. I'd say he has gumption, but let's say he just has something.

Five o'clock couldn't come quickly enough. I picked up Cabal who is always happy to see me -- he was being sprung from jail which he calls the vet's office, I'm sure. My poor little pukka shell. Bought take-out dinner on the way home and spent the evening in quiet. All was well again. We were very lucky indeed.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: