Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Yippeee!!

An e-mail blipped on the bottom of my screen that caused me instant joy. My boss had e-mailed me to say that our new hire would start tomorrow instead of Monday. This was great news indeed!

Another bit of morning good news was that the rented satellite phones I had called on yesterday afternoon for three executives came. They wanted some accessibility while they attended a sales conference in the US Virgin Islands. Michelle and I hand-delivered them by 11am. These things weighed almost 13 ounces each. We teased that these could also be used as a weapon; it was like carrying brick. Compared to my pink Motorola Razr, these phones looked like old school phones from the 80s.

Almost forgot about the swivel antennae that looked suspiciously phallic. Even our high level exec was taken aback when he swiveled the antennae around to the proper position. He laughed, but resisted the urge to comment since we were not in an HR-free zone...

My two-day temp was loved by all. She was so efficient, friendly and just cute as in a little sister kind of way. The ladies she sat by tried to find her a permanent position within our company. She liked us, too, and thought we were so easy going and fun. She even gave me a quick hug goodbye after I thanked her for her hard work. Hope we really do see her again -- she needs to enjoy more of the hot chocolate in our break rooms!

I get to play musical cubicles on Friday. My new home will be on the other side of the building. We are short on real estate at the moment and no one is giving up their empty seats for fear of losing the headcount they are trying to fill.

The new hire needs to sit next to me so off we go to the other side where it is quieter. Little do they know that "Love" is about to explode in their area. Have they seen my current cube? I must take a picture for you once I am set back up. It is not as bad as you might think. The down side of changing locale is that I will be away from my buddies, but we have IM. Our printer will be housed at my desk, too. This is going to take some feng shui cures. Hmmm...

I was able to go home on time which cheered me considerably and hoped Yummy would be on IM since he hadn't logged in while I was at work. He was on by the time I finished taking care of Cabal. That man is always surprising me. I wasn't expecting to skype briefly, but it was great to hear his voice before he said beddy byes. It was way past his bedtime; he just wanted to say hello.

He is infinitely beautiful like the flowers he sent me last Wednesday which are still in full bloom. I had removed several stems that had given up their beauty. Now the stargazer buds are rioting amid the carnation, asters, roses and snapdragons to show their inner treasures, smiling at me as bold as can be!
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Kathy B said...

Love notes...cute...very cute...

So here's mine :-) TTYL my friend!

helloagol said...

You know we're all about cute! Why be boring? Other people have that covered. Glad you were geeky enough to notice the change! ;p