Sunday, April 29, 2007

AGOL Takes UK: Beer Sandwich

My hips were aching a bit this morning so with ibuprofen and a little rest, I was back to myself again in the afternoon. Yummy and I spent some time listening to Radio Four. I had begun to look forward to listening each day. The variety of programs and topics were intellectual candy.

Anton and Anna came around in the evening and picked us up for a proper curry night in England. We started off at two pubs which were all packed and then took a cab to Ashok in Hove. We ordered more beer for the curry coming to us. We ordered different dishes we could all share, not all spicy either. My palate thrilled at the different tastes!

When we were curried out, we made our way to another pub, but had to leave since it was closing for the night. (It was Sunday!) No worries, there was a perfectly good boozer around the corner. More pints and half-pints for all while sitting in a section of the pub.

It was fun to watch the volley of words between Anton and Yummy, affectionate ribbing of longtime friends. I gave them fodder with mentioning to Anna earlier in the evening that Yummy was wearing the new cologne I gave him, Vera Wang for Men. Wang and derivatives of were bandied about. The main thing was that they all concurred that it smelled very nice.

We had a great time with Anton and Anna. They were explaining to me the open houses (about 100+) for art exhibitions during the Brighton Festival starting the day I am leaving back for Tampa. I would've loved that tour! You just knock on the doors of homes participating and people show you their art in their homes.

We went home after the beers. Anton and Anna had to go into work the next day while Yummy and I made plans to go to a town called Lewes.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: