Saturday, April 28, 2007

AGOL Takes UK: Devilish Day

Twenty minutes on a double-decker bus found us at Devil's Dyke, a natural landform carved by the last ice age. This deep valley stretches for at least seven miles. On the way we saw golden canola fields with their stems swaying in the breeze.



Here was our vantage point from the top of the hill looking down.


Past the canola field towards the right, you can see two cricket matches being played.


It was windy this day and cooler, but bearable thanks to the sun. Some people flew kites nearby.



Nature shots in a small wooded area near the parking lot next to the pub and restaurant...




We rode the bus back to Brighton and meandered around the shops again. Something pulled me into a thrift store. Yummy and I perused through used books and other items still in great condition. I found a book on Sussex he could use for one of his projects which he bought. On the way out, I noticed a really nice black melamine Chinese-theme tray with high sides and nice handles. Yummy was in the market for a sturdy tray and this was perfect.

Lunch was in The Lanes at a Thai place called Mai Ped Ped. Yummy ordered a Green Curry Chicken and I had Pad Thai with Chicken and Shrimp. It was a flavorful and colorful meal enjoyed. I was able to take home enough for another meal later. We walked around some more before heading home.

It was my turn to cook dinner which I love to do. I boiled fresh ricotta and spinach filled tortellini and tossed it with some black pesto. A stir-fry melange of broccoli, zucchini, garlic, bacon bits and olive oil was freshened at the end with a squeeze of fresh lemon and chopped fresh parsley from Yummy's garden. I also toasted some baguette slices on both sides, rubbed fresh garlic on them and drizzled olive oil on top. All this enjoyed while watching another top del Toro film, The Devil's Backbone.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: