Monday, April 23, 2007

AGOL Takes UK: Spanish Theme

Nothing like getting your flamenco on during breakfast by listening to a CD by Ojos de Brujo (Wizard's Eyes) . They produce a very modern version of flamenco. I totally dig it...so does Yummy since it is his CD.

We enjoyed Curse of the Golden Flower at the cinema in the afternoon. It was visual candy. I love watching Chow Yun-Fat (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; I have 3 Honk Kong produced films with him as lead, too) and Gong Li (Miami Vice, Memoirs of a Geisha) act in new films. They bring intensity and quality to the screen.

We were early for our dinner reservations so Yummy took me to my first "boozer" and I had 1/2 pint of bitter. Can't just jump into these things you know. Will work myself to a pint soon. Ha! Yummy is an exceptional guide. He gives historical info on places and people which I enjoy immensely. Pubs are tinier than their American counterparts. It is a place to drink (no real meals) and meet your pals, very to the point.

Thankfully, we ate at Casa Don Carlos (off Union Street) early in the week; it is hoppin' on weekends. Yummy asked me to order our food in Spanish so we could get hooked up muy rapido with tapas and cervezas. Each dish was a delight to share and the variety was great with our beverage.

Topped off the evening by watching Carmen, a modern Spanish version, on the widescreen. (I must admit his TV is way cooler than mine.) Loved the flamenco dancing and the guitar playing. Yummy informed me that a famous guitar player was in the film, Paco de Lucia. A great day that began and ended with flamenco. Me encanta.

The pics below are from Yummy's upstairs study where my suitcase exploded upon opening and where I sat and gazed as I made myself up before we went out.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: