Monday, April 09, 2007

Loose Reins

Last day of being spoiled talking to Yummy at 5am during a weekday. He was still on Easter holiday. The UK has more time off than we do. We still work longer hours in general and yet they are happier...Hmm..a theme is forming just don't know what yet. Maybe I will think on it as hurry off to face traffic. Sigh.

My reins at work were loosened. There was less pressure to gallop along ravines at breakneck speed. Still felt the occasional yank to get my attention...

The day had a mellow quality about it. Our backlog slowly disappearing so we could enjoy our work more. More laughing but steadily working.

Had lunch with Tawny, Jeff and Jeff's co-worker John downstairs at the cafe. We exchanged updates on our work and generally laughed at life. Even lunch tasted delicious. I had cut ham, greenie beanies, macaroni and cheese and a roll. Not exactly the Asian food I was craving, but they never have anything remotely close.

IMed with Yummy throughout the day. He always makes me feel great and provides a good diversion to the office blahs. I pushed myself in the afternoon and still stayed late. A vendor came through with some pricing and I ordered the downloadable software for a director and her team. Mentally reminded myself that we had another temp coming in to do clerical duties in the morning and to help organize bits upstairs in the 4th floor, and left for the day.

Remembered to call Jill from work on my cell on the drive home. She was having a Maalox moment with her daughter who was contributing her portion to teenage angst and anger. Give me a break. She's lucky I am not her mother. Life is not fair kid, so what? Put your big girl panties on, get over it and get moving. I am nice -- really I am!

Jill roasted a big leg of lamb the other evening. I mentioned that I didn't eat lamb, but she cajoled me into trying hers. She promised to bring me a lunch plate with all the fixins'. Jill is a good cook and I am trying to be open-minded about it.

It was raining tonight and made a damp chill in the air. I snuggled with a quilt on the sofa, fell asleep early and later got up for a proper bed.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Professor Howdy said...

Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!