Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Almost There

Things are settling at work now with the new buyer in place which pushes everything else that I have put on the back burner front and center. Holy heck! Nothing like scrambling to get things done and trying to retain your sanity at the same time...

On Monday, I spent the day training and setting up more accesses for Bridget to have while I am out of the country. At night, I gallivanted around town with Tawny shopping after a laughing dinner. Two heads are better than one especially when one of them is a bit scatterbrained. Yes, that would be me.

The next day began with a sprint with me training about half dozen people in the executive conference room and via conference call for two solid hours. I felt winded talking that much which would be a complete surprise to people who know me. It wasn't exactly a fun gab session with the girlies that's for sure.

Tawny and I enjoyed dinner again before more shopping. T-bird, as Yummy as taken to calling her now, is such a great friend to me. She has agreed to watch Cabal for the weeks I am gone with her hubby since Myrna is too sick to stay over a week. Better for Myrna to recover in her own surroundings. Poor thing. I've already been warned that Cabal will be spoiled especially since his caregiver will not be distracted with talking to Yummy. I resemble that remark!

Now, Wednesday (yikes!), T-bird and I had dinner again. Good thing her husband is in Orlando training or he would have something to say about my hogging her time. She let me drag her to two more stores. She's bordering on sainthood now.

I received a call from Yummy before we shopped tonight. He sounded wonderful and had just gotten home from a night out with some old buddies. I tried to get T-bird to talk to him, but she was paralyzed with shyness, but had no qualms about making comments from the peanut gallery.

Later in the yummy/agol conversation:
yummy: Where are you?
agol: I am parking.
yummy: You're not shopping again are you?
agol: No, I am not. (Wincing)
yummy: Are you shopping?
agol: I am not -- I am just trying to find a parking spot.
yummy: Does this parking spot have a shop near it?
agol: (Hesitating) Why, yes, it does! What a coincidence. There is a shop near the parking spot!
T-bird: (Yelling from peanut gallery) There's lots of shops everywhere!
agol: Shaddap
yummy: (Laughing in the background)
agol: (Contrite)

Finally made it home, took care of Cabal and began the bleaching action in the apartment including my teefers. I thought I was home free on the tooth sensitivity until I ran my tongue along the gum line after the second session. It was like chewing on aluminum foil. Not good. Spent more minutes rinsing any remnants of the bleach gel. Why am I obsessed? I dunno. Just consider it a part of my infinite charm.

Just one more day of work tomorrow before flying out on Friday. I feel very excited. Printed out my e-ticket today so I can have it with my passport. This will be the second ocean I will have crossed in my life. Both crossings having a large impact. The basic feeling of the unknown will be the same, I think.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: