Tuesday, April 10, 2007

An Improvement

On my way to my desk toting my laptop wheelie bag, I was quickly greeted by my long-time contractor accompanying our two-day temp to the 4th floor. That meant that the results of our previous week's hard work would soon be taken care of right away. The massive deliveries would be opened, shelved and accounted while the paperwork mounding my desk would magically disappear, too.

For lunch, I was the recipient of a very nice meal of roasted lamb, mash potatoes with beef/lamb and mushroom gravy, greenie beanies, a roll and cupcakes for dessert from Jill.

I was giving lamb meat another try and I was not disappointed. The slices from the leg were very tender, moist and seasoned well. I gave kudos to the chef who was nervous about me not liking anything she made. She was very pleased. A few worker bees had come in to heat food and were jealous that someone had brought me a very nice lunch and wondered how they could get the same gig. Ha!

While minding the temp's workload and mine, the day raced by passing each hour effortlessly... Had a relaxing IM with Yummy who returned to the world of work after several days off. We were watching the countdown on my blog for how many days until I see him. It is just 11 days away. Trying not to panic at how much work at home I still have to do before my trip. Eek!! I must review my list again...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: