Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Train Envy

Okay, so this morning I was thankful that Yummy was five hours ahead of me. We began our skype conversation at 5am my time/10am his time. He heard my morning voice again which I tried to clear up by drinking some tea. What a great way to start the day - a generous serving of Yummy to go with tea!

The news today included the French breaking railway speed records. Who knew the French were trying to set records? I always thought the Japanese had the cornered the market on that one. The French TGV Train reached 356mph travelling from Paris to Strasbourg. That just shows my ignorance; there is more to France than wine and cheese...

My work is being slowed down by our Accounts Payable department. I'm beginning to really detest researching stuff for them.

Had a surprise this afternoon. An e-mail that wasn't quite complete with information made its way to my SVP thus causing a chain of cluster **** reactions. She forwarded that to my boss who in turn requested in terse tones a meeting with me in his office. The raw data compiled was never meant to be seen by our department, but you know how that goes.

For almost twenty minutes, I found myself sitting behind my boss' desk "driving" the computer screens to illustrate the reality behind the raw data which did not make our department look good. My boss was relieved to find out that the information was not real in the sense of impending doom. I helped him break down and enumerate the data which he used in his reply to his boss, our SVP. My neck was so tight and crampy after that meeting that my back seized up momentarily during my walk back to my cubicle. Nothing like a charged meeting...

Dinner consisted of me boiling some dried tortellini filled with ricotta and spinach. Doctored a jar of tomato and basil sauce with fresh garlic and simmered to evaporate some of the water for a deeper flavor. Tossed the pasta and sauce together before sprinkling some Parmesan cheese on top.

It's only Tuesday and I am feeling weary already. I could use some of speed from the French train. Do you think they can bottle that up for me?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: