Friday, April 20, 2007

An Act of Tawnyia

It wasn't an act of God that got me on the plane this evening, but an act of Tawnyia. I found myself having a meltdown after two o'clock this afternoon. Things that hadn't received my proper attention were not done and now it was too late. I had spent too much of the morning and part of the early afternoon driving around Tampa for some last minute items.

My bag was not yet properly packed and I hadn't even taken a shower yet to get ready for my uncle to pick me up around 2:45pm. The sand was rapidly falling through the hourglass and I had no way of putting the grains back in. I did the only thing an AGOL could do at the time...call Tawnyia. Thankfully, she was off today and used warp speed to get herself to my apartment and help me pack while I showered. Everything was available to pack, they just hadn't made a nest inside the big suitcase nor the carrying case.

My uncle arrived on time and had to wait while I got dressed and checked off items with Tawnyia. He wasn't surprised he had to wait since the same MO (modus operandi) is always employed by his wife when going to the Philippines...still packing to the end.

I gave Cabal a quick hug, Tawnyia a bigger hug and the keys to my apartment where she will be making her home for two weeks. I wanted to better express my thanks to her, but she knows how I feel and how much I treasure her generosity. I like the no need for exact words all the time about our friendship, a rarity for sure.

Uncle Dave and I sat down and drank some Coke and noshed on fries after I checked in my one BIG and HEAVY suitcase at British Airways. He's a good man and I always enjoy his company. He and my aunt Maria are a riot together. We discussed my trip for a bit, but got interrupted by a call from Yummy for some last minute news that made me howl with laughter. Let's just say neither one of us ever have a dull moment in life especially today.

An elderly Englishman sat next to me at the gate while we waited for our plane to board. We had a lovely chat; I just considered our conversation a practice for me develop an ear for English accents. Ha!

Flying British Airways nonstop was the best idea ever! Trampa to Gatwick in eight hours and landing at 8:10am in the UK was the second best idea, too. The seats were comfortable, the food very edible, the staff top and ascent of the plane smooth. I have to keep reminding myself that I need some sleep in order to get through a big day tomorrow after I land...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: