Sunday, March 09, 2008

Important Cupcake Ingredient

My cousin Angie sent me this last week and I didn't know quite what I was reading at first. I thought she was asking ME the question, but rather it was an excerpt from an article...

You said that you sometimes bake cupcakes, but have had trouble with getting the frosting right. Which recipe(s) do you usually use? What's been your best cupcake baking experience?

Everyone at work goes nuts when I made Lickety Split Strawberry Cupcakes. It’s a tacky
Pillsbury Bake Off recipe, but they love them. You add sour cream and eggs to a box of that pink, strawberry-flavored cake mix. You fill the cupcakes up part way, drop a teaspoon of strawberry jam on top of that, and then cover that with a dollop of the cake batter. Although the recipe doesn’t call for icing, I think they benefit greatly from a good slathering of cream cheese frosting. I also top them with red sprinkles,
because cupcakes should always have sprinkles.

...When I read the last line, I laughed out loud for a long time. Sometimes she can really really make me laugh. I haven't made cupcakes in a while and my unused cupcake tree (see above sample pic from Amazon) holds almost two dozen delicious cups for display and enjoyment. First though - we must have Sprinkles.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: