Monday, March 17, 2008

Sea of Green on St. Patty's Day

My team received little shiny packages with bright green French wire ribbon containing green or St. Patrick Day items today. I bought them each a green slinky toy for their desk and small packages of Junior Mints. They each got a funny card and inside - oh, yes - green shamrock shaped sprinkles as well as inside the package. Couldn't help myself. I am taking Friday off so they are not getting Easter packages...

Sea of green could be seen throughout our building in honor of the Irish holiday. I dared anyone to pinch me for not obviously wearing any green.

Had a tasty Thai lunch at a place I've never been before. At first glance the place looks empty, but a step in reveals a hive of activity. My male friend (let's call him Tab for Taboo - I am sure you can guess why and no it is none of your business) picked me up early and he was nicely in hunter's green, too. I enjoy the way he dresses and he takes careful attention to dressing when he sees me. A man who dresses up for a woman? I like that. My concession to him is I tone down my make-up since he doesn't generally like it on a woman. No dark eyeliner on the top lid or bright lipstick. Tab knows this makes me uncomfortable, but appreciates my efforts. Just knowing I had green shamrock sprinkles hidden underneath my blouse made him squirm. Heh.

The rest of the day passed like any Monday with the exception of added St. Patty's Day stuff. I decided not to go and share a green pint with friends after. When I am tired, a little of any kind of alcohol is not good especially when I am driving. Talked to Kristey almost all the way home as a continuation of our e-mail earlier in the day. Quiet and safe evening. And that's no blarney!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: