Friday, March 14, 2008

We Serve Crabs

Short Friday - thank goddess...Bridget and I were still bristling from our temp's not so silent complaint about not including her on our lunch plans on Wednesday. I think our temp figured that it would be one big pajama party when we were all seated together in the new building. She was certainly under a delusion.

You may recall that I had Vietnamese food on Wednesday. Well, it was Ant who invited me and I invited Bridget because she is friends with Ant, too. I am not under any kind of obligation to include the temp on "my time". It would be different had it been a work related function then I could see her being slighted. We found out that she made mention of this "exclusion" to a co-worker in the new building and to our boss. That takes some nerve. I've had to placate Bridget's temper and remind her that we must not be perceived as the bullies in this situation, but use our boss as mediator for further issues. I want so much to say to my temp, This is not high school. You're in your late 30's like the rest of us, grow up.

I was invited to go to two lunches today by Tawny and a male friend, but I opted to workout with Bridget. Our fitness goals are getting to be more important at the moment. Besides, I was leaving at 2pm to meet my aunt and uncle at The Colonnade on Bayshore for a late seafood lunch/early dinner. It was my treat for my aunt's upcoming birthday.

Thanks to heavy traffic in the city, I arrived a bit later than they did which gave me an opportunity to request a surprise cake for my aunt served after our meal. You can make your request with the hostess at the front. We sat by a window giving us a view of the bay and the city skyline. It was still an enjoyable vista despite the gentle rain coming down.

This is the sign that greets you as you step up to the restaurant.


I am very blessed to have the kind of relationship and to be at an age where I can talk to my aunt and uncle about most anything without fear of recrimination. We had a great time laughing and eating yummy fresh seafood. After we finished our meal, the cake with a lit candle was served and we sang to my aunt.

My Aunt Maria & Uncle Dave before we cut the cake. They are so cute together and these lucky ducks are going to Hawaii after my aunt gets back from the Philippines in a couple of months.


It was 4pm when I was on the interstate heading home. Traffic wasn't bad so I did some errands before coming home to take care of Cabal and nap for a bit. I have a walk date with Kristey tomorrow. Hoping we can do the full four miles, but may have to settle for less. Kristey is bringing a new friend who happens to smoke. She's thin, but not necessarily fit. (Not that I am a poster child - yet! - for fitness.) We'll see how it goes.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: