Sunday, March 02, 2008

Oink of the Covenant

AARGH!!! I cannot begin to express how disappointed I was that I totally missed out on the whole piggie being cooked in the box with charcoal. Someone did not time the cooking well and we had to get roasted chicken from Sam's club in place of the main event. Some time in the late evening it was cooked. By that time I had already left to take care of my own piggie, Cabal.


Left to Right: Dave & Michelle's backyard; Frying lumpia (Filipino Eggrolls); Not the Ark of the Convenant, but where the piggie was cooking; Filipino pastries; trampoline kiddies; Michelle & Audrey; Aunt Maria & Luvy; Peeps playing Guitar Hero; Kristen & new cousin Nina.

It wasn't the anxiety attack I had made it out to be in my head. I enjoyed myself and was able to relax at this family gathering. Two of Michelle's Canadian relatives had come down to visit. The family (and some friends) celebrated Kristen and Carter's birthdays which are just days apart. The party had a more Filipino flavor which always comforts me: good Filipino food, family and lots of laughter!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: