Saturday, March 29, 2008

Punx

Saturdays are the saviors of the work week. My agenda today didn't really begin until late afternoon with dinner at Tawny's place. She IM'ed me on my way to the grocery store letting me know that she was running late and to make it a half hour later. Of course, she was running late because I was on time. Ha! I was on my way to pick up the bread I told her I would bring for the spaghetti dinner she was making for four of us. With time to kill, I found myself in the wine aisle which I am sure happened accidentally...

What do they say? Never shop when you're hungry or thirsty ? Yeah. Oooh Prosecco...OoohRioja...Ooh Riesling...Ooh Shiraz...Ooh White Merlot...White Merlot?! White Merlot made it to my basket for (cough) testing purposes. So did some dessert from the bakery. Yes, the baguette with sesame seeds made it, too. This is what happens when I have time on my hands and unsupervised without a specific purpose in the grocery store. Things happen. In this case, white Merlot and desserts.

Tawny was ready for me when I arrived and my tummy was ready for her delicious dinner. Some persons emptied the bottle of white Merlot. It was gooooooooood. Tawny, Jeff, their nephew Jayson and me were full as ticks. We were also early to meet Dan at the skating rink so we set up our folding chairs right on the rink aka suicide seats. My boss arrived with his two young sons, but they sat in the bleacher seats outside the rink.

Bridget didn't wear the bright pink tights under the fishnets because she said it looked bad. Now let me remind you that the rest of the derby girls dress more naughty than the photo below. Fishnets are an unspoken requirement of derby gear. One of her teammates had spank shorts under her skirt that she flipped up so we could read the white letters on her butt Enjoy the View.

Hot Pocket hamming it up for me during warm-ups.



Cool chicks in their 30s (mostly this age group) sporting naughty gear while speed racing on roller skates. Is there anything cooler? Tawny's nephew and my boss' younger sons were getting an early lesson on naughty outfits. Any too curious thoughts were abated by the mild violence when the girls were slamming each other on the rink.

Bridget's team losing this bout didn't dilute any fun we were having. My boss enjoyed it, but Dan didn't. He will have to come to a regular game and not an exhibition one to see if he still doesn't like it. Jeff drove us home safely and unscathed from sitting in the suicide seats.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: