Thursday, March 20, 2008

Working Late

I felt swamped by work before I got inside my building. Maybe because I am and I promised my boss I would finish a project that has been hanging over me for a couple of months? I was so sick of it I would find other things that needed my attention thus causing this bottleneck today. Ugh.

I wasn't sure if I was still feeling mellow or if it was the start of some kind of illness. Played it off as illness which would allow me to put on my noise canceling headphones and drown everyone out so I could concentrate on my project. It worked so well that I hadn't said hello to Bridget until after lunchtime. She understood my predicament and didn't feel slighted in the least whereas my boss interrupted me a few times just to make sure things were okay.

Checked in with Tawny during the day who had her headphones on, too, which at times I find odd because she has her own office and she can close the door to the world. Sorry, Tawny, but that is weird. Then again she was bitchy from PMS so less bodies hitting the floor with her headphones on. Heh...Just a few rows down from her, Rob was getting depressed because his wife was out of town and he couldn't quite get enough training in while playing a single dad. When you're used to surges of dopamine, serotonin and adrenaline from your training three times a day, I could see getting depressed from the withdrawal. Methinks it is also because of the disruption to his rigid schedule. He's a bit OCD on that. No offense, but I partially tuned him out so I could stay on course.

It wasn't until near 8pm that I was satisfied with my progress. Tomorrow I took as my Floating Holiday to do whatever I wished including not having to drive to/from home twice across town to could take care of my dog before seeing Spamalot with the rest of my (motley) crew. Daylight Saving Time makes it easier to stay at work later because it doesn't get dark until nearing 8pm. It fools you in a way. I'll have to watch that I don't get sucked into that habit the next few months...

Picked up dinner along the way home before popping by Tawny's place to pick up my card table and four folding chairs that I promised Kathy she could borrow for the Easter dinner (seating around 20!) she was hosting at her and Jamie's place. Followed my evening routine and quickly to bed soon after.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: