Saturday, March 22, 2008

Black and Bleach

Where was that morning rain forecasted by the weatherman? Kristey had left me a voicemail last night letting me know that we would not be walking this morning because of the expected rain. I used the extra time to do some (not much) chores this morning while I waited for Kathy to stop by and pick up that card table and chair set she wanted to borrow.

Inevitably and I mean inevitably, I find myself realizing that I am cleaning while dressed from top to bottom in the color black. The time this reminder comes to mind is when I am spraying bleach or pouring bleach somewhere. Sigh. What is wrong with me? It also happens when I am baking. I properly waited until the bleach fumes abated before using window cleaner containing ammonia to clean the mirrors. Maybe I like to live on the edge? Edge of what? Dangers of bleach? Reason? Sanity? Ha.

Kathy arrived with her own small cup of coffee and a buttermilk donut for me. I gave her the rundown on last night. Her boyfriend came with us, but she didn't. She doesn't understand Python and didn't want to keep saying I don't get it. British accents also throw her for a loop; a translation would have to be in order. She was excited to serve Easter dinner tomorrow despite the daunting tasks of cleaning and prepping for it today. It started to rain when we loaded her SUV with the table set.

Any incentive I may have had to get out of my apartment was watered down by the rain. I settled in and watched The Graduate instead starring Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft. The movie was made in 1967 and it was still shocking yet held its story 41 years later. I truly enjoyed the dialogue and the cinematography. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Cabal and I were cocooned for the rest of the evening dreaming about Easter Bunnies...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: