Monday, March 10, 2008

Editing Mode

Today I canceled my myspace account. It wasn't a sudden decision. I've been thinking about it for a few months. It was a way to get in touch with my old Chicago friend Trish who now works and lives in San Francisco. I've been using facebook more lately to connect with her and others.

This step is part of my editing mode in editing my life. If I want new situations or new energy in my life, I will have to clear some old ones out and make room. Getting rid of several hundred dollars worth of art supplies is next. I will keep just the essentials and I can always build up again. Tawny has expressed interest in them. I care for my things so most look like new. This clearing out will make more room in my hobby room (good feng shui).

I informed my cousin Angie that I would not be planning a family birthday dinner for my aunt which should be soon. Instead I will take my aunt, my uncle and Nan out...AND on purpose not include Angie's two brothers and family. Every year I plan and they get to show up. Not this year. They can figure out how they will celebrate or honor their mom's birthday. Another editing move.

I've been called Julie the Cruise Director (taken from the TV series Love Boat). Well, folks...Julie is hanging up her clipboard for a while. Planning things for other people for the enjoyment of the greater group is on a moratorium. Scaling back in the participation will free my energies up to starting focusing more on my agenda.

Enumerated several things I made decisions on over the weekend in a morning IM with Rob. He was impressed. Also shared with Bridget and she agreed, too. The thing is I don't have to be any one's savior or do I have to be the first to initiate things because I thought of it first or because it is easy for me or just because I can. For now, it is not up to me. Of course, this is not to say I am cutting everything out. I can't ignore my essence. That essence is of caring love to others.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Slyde said...

congrats on the myspace cancellation... i am honestly amazed by how many people still use it.

helloagol said...

thanks! i got some flak for it. trish called me a homo for keeping facebook which she thinks is gay, but i'm getting older and it is more my speed...less danger of me suffering epileptic fits from all the flashing colors. LOL

Unknown said...

Gurl - so glad to see you focusing on yourself. You know I love you and think you focus too much on everyone around you. Keep it up - I'll be here in the cheering section. Kisses,
T