Friday, March 28, 2008

Dreamy Desserts

Frustrating Friday. For what seems like the umpteenth day, our network connectivity played hide and seek with us. Not exactly a good thing to happen at month end for a finance department. I caved and unhooked my laptop from the docking station and used my air card to VPN into our network. Luckier than most, I was able to work a bit with this option.

It was a relief for our group to have a real activity. A potluck lunch. The Accounts Payable department invited us to participate. One of the ladies is Filipino and she made barbecue flavor meatballs to the taste that we like. I told her it needed to be served with rice. To our surprise, someone had made real rice and had it available at the buffet. I said to the group, Whoever made the rice, I love you! Everyone laughed.

My boss brought a delicious salad with champagne dressing from his favorite deli. Our temp took my suggestion and brought rolls. Of course, (rolling eyes) she bought the Hawaiian kind that I like. And the Dream Team of Sarah & Bridget brought decadent desserts that were devoured in no time.

Bridget made the gorgeous looking and tasting chocolate and berry trifle. (Layers of brownies, chocolate pudding, strawberries, blackberries, and whipped topping -- I had two servings!) Oh, yeah...AGOL Rum Cake is next to it which is now requested as a mandatory dish for future office luncheons. Our dream team makes the dreamiest desserts!



During dinner last night, Jeff said that my reputation preceded me. Huh? He said he was working with one of the finance ladies and he happened to mention Bridget and me working in her building. She said that we were wild. Well...at least she got it right. Heh.

By mid-afternoon, the accounting natives were getting restless and were allowed to go home early. I stayed later and left about 5:30. Yes, I had the option to leave two hours earlier. It was quiet and I could make progress without any interruption which made me happier yet mentally exhausted.

Myrna was expecting my call to get together for dinner. I suggested to go someplace normally not on my approved list and she asked me several times if that was okay. She told her husband before she left to pick me up and he asked the same thing because I have expressed how much I despise this chain restaurant. The restaurant had changed the menu significantly in the last five years and I was pleasantly surprised. I told her it was now on the approved list. She breathed a sigh of relief...Do you ever get the impression I am a difficult food snob? Yeah, me too.

We stopped at a sporting goods store so I could get this thing Rob had suggested as part of my gym bag kit. Jeezus... Myrna also drove us to a super center where she bought stuff for the house and I bought some more workout clothes. My legs are longer than average and I've found my workout pants shorter after drying them in the dryer. I need to get a more of a variety so I have time to line dry them and avoid the stretching bit I do to return them to their original length.

Tomorrow will be an easier day. Looking forward to seeing Bridget do roller derby in the evening. Wait until you see the outfit our girl will be wearing: plaid schoolgirl skirt, black fishnets over bright pink tights, black with silver heart panty shorts to peek underneath skirt, custom designed t-shirt with group name & anarchy symbol and black knee socks with skull design. Pics will be taken...
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: