Friday, March 21, 2008

Spam Spam Spamalot

Three-day weekends. I am firmly convinced that is the way to go. That extra day can be used as a buffer in case you need to do something else you cannot fit into the customary two days or if you need to use the first day for decompressing or as an introduction to the rest of the weekend. Any takers?

Talked to Kristey before I ran my errands. She was on the way to pick her husband up from the airport. Her husband is a VP and constantly travels. We had a good laugh about his obsession with a certain brand of costly shirts which she counted 21 of in his collection. She doesn't mind, but finds the humor in it considering that more than a dozen years ago, she and her husband were homeless and living in a tent for six months. I always enjoy talking to her because we end up laughing a good bunch even when things are not so good. If you cannot find humor when things seem dismal, then you're in trouble. You'd better find some humor very quickly to get through...

Hello world! That was my greeting when I finally emerged from my sanctuary around noon. The sky was a wicked blue and the sun tried to kiss warmly but was thwarted by the cool breeze teasing the long auburn strands of my hair in front of my face. I drove to the salon to get my nails done. Shallowville was here again. Ran errands after to buy sundry items and returned home for a quick snack and to take care of my Pretty Boy Dog.

Shallowville continued around 4-ish in Sephora. I needed some more mineral make-up and lip gloss. This sounds bad: my main lip gloss last exactly two months. I reapply a few times a day and I do have full lips to cover. (Slightly embarrassed now...) Starbucks was around the corner from Sephora and I needed a hit of caffeine for the first time that day. Nabbed a Caramel Macchiato on the way to meeting my friends at my old building prior to heading out for dinner.

We ate at Mama Fu's. Dan called it Mama Flip's (Filipino) in a text message to me and later asked me why I ordered crotch stickers (pot stickers) for Tawny and me. Oh, ha-ha. So silly. He was the same one to call bento boxes bend over boxes years ago...Tawny's husband Jeff miscalculated our timing to watch Monty Python's Spamalot by us being too early. I suggested having drinks at another restaurant just a few steps away to kill some time. Seven of us moseyed on over.

Snap taken during my second foray into London last May.


Who are the people who enjoy Monty Python? That's what I got to find out tonight. Surprisingly, there wasn't a type with the exception of age. They were my age and older who carried within them a warped sense of humor. This musical was jammed with warped humor set to music. I laughed so hard. The set and the effects were great and the actors (though not the original Broadway) were a kick in the pants. Dan sang along and whistled to "Always look on the Bright Side of Life" while he sat next to me. I knew he was enjoying it and I wished it would have lasted longer for all our sakes. Sooner or later we all have to clip-clop our coconuts all the way home.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: