Sunday, March 23, 2008

Overflow & Profusion

Happy Easter Bunnies!

Overflow. My favorite television preacher Joel Osteen talked about having or being in overflow this morning. He had a couple who wanted to him to pray with them that the furniture they wanted to buy would go on sale. Joel thought about it and decided that praying to have enough money to buy the furniture at regular price and to also have extra for whatever else would be more positive. His teachings speak about having the faith and belief that your season of favor [from God] was here or forthcoming and because of who your [spiritual] Father [God] is. It was a positive way to begin the morning...

Myrna picked me up before 11am since we had plans to watch a movie before going to my aunt's house for Easter dinner. (Her own husband was working.) I picked the Brit film The Bank Job (starring Jason Statham) and it was most excellent to watch. An American film critic recommended it for a good story on a bank robbery. The pace was fast and fun with plenty of holding-your-breath scenes. It was very cleverly done. Myrna ended up liking it, too.

Called my aunt's house to see if it would be okay if we were a bit early and welcomed us over. After we parked at her home, I noticed a big beautiful pot of flowers greeting us by the door. It took a minute before I realized the smiling lovelies were miniature orchids! Clusters of them everywhere. A profusion of shameless color screaming for admiration.

Orchid cluster. Each blossom no longer than an inch.



Walked inside my aunt's home and my cousin Dave was there with his family. I introduced Myrna to them and reintroduced Myrna to my aunt and uncle. They've met her before when I've brought her over for a shorter visit. We snacked right away. To deter from further piggish behavior, I gave Myrna a tour outside of Little Philippines. My aunt's fruit trees had either blossoms promising fruit or baby fruit beginning to weigh down their trees' limbs. Profusion again.

Baby mangoes were all over her tree!



We ate my aunt's delicious meal of a tender and flavorful roast beef (instead of ham) with more roast pork on the side. There were some Filipino dishes included. It was a first Easter meal of its kind for Myrna, I'm sure. She had no complaints and neither did the rest of us.

The afternoon was more low key -- even the kids were not as hyper. This suited me just fine. Baby Colton was the only one fussing because his teeth were starting to come in. He finally settled for a nap between his mother and me on the sofa.

Simplest (yet complicated) form of human overflow and profusion.



I requested a caffeine run via a drive-thru before Myrna dropped me off. The extra boost was much needed if I had any hope of staying awake past seven. I needed to catch up on my blog by filling out my notes on the days I hadn't fully updated. My eyes were open but I felt a mellowness from an undemanding weekend. Three days is definitely the way to go.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: