Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rained In

This lazy daisy used the excuse of the outside monsoon to stay in. To help celebrate, I brewed some coffee and used my French press to infuse the coffee goodness into the boiled filtered water. I then sprinkled some shugah and creamah into a mug to melt and to meld with the fresh coffee goodness. Voila! Now I had the purity I call lava lovin'. Drinking one mug of coffee in serene silence, standing in the kitchen, damn near brings a tear to my eye.

Well, an AGOL can't live on lava lovin' alone. My tummy said so. I baked an egg in a ramekin sprayed with non-stick spray. See how nice it came out of the dish? I also used one of my high fiber cardboard tasting muffins. Plain or buttered wouldn't do. I had to spread some lovin' on it called a thin smear of mayonnaise, a sprinkling of onion powder and freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese. The cheese wasn't good enough just melted -- I had to fire up the broiler for some dark golden bubbling.




Damn. I didn't know there were others things you might want pictures of in my mini kitchen. Below is a bottle of cold pressed olive oil. What makes it expensive is the process so it can still be called raw as the heat from pressing is minimized. The brand? Bariani. My health food stores carry this. Once you have tasted this olive oil, you will never buy the ones from the grocery store ever again as they will taste rancid next to this. I've decorated it with an Italian copper Christmas heart ornament.




My Pretty Boy Dog hasn't been on the blog since Christmas, I think. I almost tripped on him numerous times while he sat in that particular spot. My job was to work around him and try not to spill anything as I prepared and cooked some soup infused with ginger for a late lunch. Cabal has always been afraid of storms and he tends to stick to me like glue when he hears the thunder. You can see his uneasiness in this picture. My poor baby!




There wasn't much else I felt like doing today; my creativity was dormant. The coolest thing was after getting ready for bed and tucking myself in bed, I looked up at the ceiling where the projected blue numbers read 11:00pm. It must have been the rain that got me to bed early.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: