Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Lunch with a Green Iguana

Are you one of those people who can't get away from work in one form or another during vacation? I guess I am one of those people. Driving to work for lunch was strictly voluntary, but I didn't want to miss out on lunch with my director and the rest of my group to celebrate his birthday.

My boss and director decided to go to one of the several locations of The Green Iguana. This bar and grill is a Tampa institution. I can remember almost 20 years ago only having one in South Tampa before it grew to its multiple locations. It is a very fun place to party at night, but certainly a great casual atmosphere for lunch. No, I didn't take pics for you this time around. I decided on Fish Tacos and they were delish!

Saving the best news for last...I'd been refreshing the homepage of the gourmet shop for the August calendar all day yesterday and early this morning. My purpose was to view the cooking class offerings early that I want to volunteer as an assistant and let the coordinator know. It was just minutes from the previous refresh when KA-BLAM! the new calendar was posted. Thanks to my demon-fast typing fingers, I crafted my e-mail to the coordinator in no time. I told him I would be happy with one. Within minutes, I received an e-mail informing me that I was signed up for four. Woohoo! Was I being greedy? Was I getting special treatment? It didn't matter. Later in the day, I saw an e-mail about others having to wait for a reply from him and he apologizing for the confusion with the new calendar system. See...obsessiveness does pay off!

Spent the evening cleaning. I can't think with clutter and try to create art at the same time. Yes, I know, I am stalling.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: