Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Driver's License Renewal

Man, does it pay to make an online appointment for your driver's license renewal! I didn't have to stand in line with the common people and wait eons for someone to say "next person in Line --". I don't know why it is but going to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) just puts you in a space with what seems like the dregs of society. This is not just MY (snobby) observation. Believe me -- my opinion on this has many subscribers! Being present for a renewal or other in person thing for your license is to be avoided at all costs.

And then...I drove a few miles to get a $3 reprint of my vehicle registration from the tax collector's office. The cop who stopped me last week never returned my voicemail nor mailed the one he forgot to give me. Signing in, sitting, having my number called and having my reprint took no more than five minutes! Now in my mind, my reprint would resemble what my original was printed in. No, it was just an 8"x11" piece of paper from the laser jet. I resisted the urge to ask the lady to shake the toner in her printer so I could get another much darker reprint. Sigh.

I desperately needed some retail therapy after those trips. I drove to the local art supplies store near the university where I bought stuff for my projects. I cleaned more than worked on my projects. Tawny stopped in the evening to show me her own experimentation with the epoxy resin. Her brief visit turned into a longer one as we caught up on each other. So much stuff gets clogged in the pipeline when you don't get a chance to catch up on each other...

It was just a ho-hum day filled with "must do's" but it sure beats having to go into work. Staycation rocks!


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: