Sunday, July 13, 2008

Reunion Grill

Missed me? I missed ME, too!

Oh, gosh, my lovelies...I am not in the mind to rehash the rest of the previous week in detail. It was fast and furious. We are all still feeling a great unease at work so it is difficult to relax and collect my thoughts properly.

I remember feeling like I had a hangover on Wednesday morning only without consuming any alcohol the evening before. Lunch with my Asian mafia was the only thing I remember getting through the workday. We laughed too much. We laughed again on Thursday during lunch out at Matoi Sushi where of two Sharon's military friends met us gals. We temporarily disbanded on Friday, but I still had lunch out with the Korean gal.

Tawny was supposed to call me Friday night to get together this weekend. She didn't call on Saturday or today for that matter. I got my nails done and did some grocery shopping on Saturday while the rain precluded me from walking with Kristey this morning.

My afternoon was enlivened by an invite to an old co-worker's barbecue a couple of days before. Michael and his wife were renting a house in the area for vacation time. They brought a cat and their three German Shepherds from Miami. He offered to take care of the rest of the meal by grilling chicken, etc. if the guests would bring side items. I shied away from doing anything elaborate and made that Jalapeno Lemongrass dip from the gourmet store. It was to accompany chopped veggies and some large round sesame crackers. Everyone loved it.

I hadn't seen Michael for at least five years. The most recent pics we've seen of each other were our facebook profiles. He has not changed which cheered the rest of us. Dan was there but left to meet his old girlfriend for dinner. Kathy and her boyfriend were there as were Ant and his very pregnant wife...Tawny and Jeff received a same day invitation. I didn't want to say anything to them in case their feelings be hurt for not being in the original invite. They made it to the party with Margarita drink mixers.

It was about 2pm when I arrived and it was 8:30pm when I left. There is something to be said about being in the company of good, long-time friends and the familiarity it brings not to mention comfort. I think we all needed it. Wish for a better week full of hope and positive progress.

Yes, I realize I am ever the optimist.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: