Friday, July 25, 2008

AGOL Pleads Guilty

I've been a bit frazzled. It may be attributable to my boss who has lost sleep due to multiple things that will make you crazy after hearing. AND (big and)...my girly-girls are scattered around the country or dealing with issues. It has been quieter than normal. I don't mind a little buzzing noise, but hearing crickets is not good for Sprinkles.

No nervousness for me this morning as I got dressed for my court date downtown in the traffic division. I did suffer one AGOL Crisis Moment in Shallowville -- my hairdryer* stopped blowing hot air! My hair had to be partially pulled back to be decent with wet hair. My hair is thick and long and it was very humid. There was no chance of a quick dry. My temper was not in check and my aggravation carried over while I drove towards downtown. The universe sent me a funny by having Jailhouse Rock playing while I zoomed on the highway.

I ended up calling Bridget while sitting in the parking garage because I was very early for my 9am court date. We chatted a bit before I made my way around the city blocks. The cops sorted us all out in a cattle call type setting in the courthouse. Why does it seem that the dregs of society congregate here and at the DMV?

Wouldn't you know the judge's last name was Rice? Of course, your AGOL would be judged by Rice. Hee. After going over the expectations via a previously taped introduction by the judge, we met her and watched her take care of old business and make decisions on the extra guests in orange jumpsuits and handcuffs. Luckily, I was the first one after them. Not sure if it was because of the minor infraction or that my last name begins with the letter A. She reduced one citation and added court costs while dismissing the other citation. I agreed and for the record pleaded guilty (instead of no contest). I have until late October to pay $225. Ouch! It was my fault and I have no one to blame but myself. Talk about lessons learned.

Caffeine. I needed some caffeine. My boss and I almost fought over getting to the break room. He arrived at work minutes before me. At some point we made a plan with Bridget to go and eat Thai food (without the temp). It was a deception we carried quietly as we left and re-entered the building, but it was worth not enduring her presence. We had an enjoyable time and were able to be ourselves and relax without any worry about her bring up her temporary status or her upcoming birthday. Sigh.

My buddy Kathy and I didn't go to the wine tasting tonight. Instead I invited her over to my side of town for her choice of Greek or Thai food. She decided on Thai food. As long rice was in my future, I was good. During lunch earlier, I had a delicious piece of grouper fish in chili sauce and for dinner, I opted for green curry chicken. Yum! Kathy wanted some dessert but none appealed to her at the Thai place so we drove to an ice cream joint called Maggie Moo's before making a trip for me to replace my hairdryer. There was no way in hell I was going two days without it. I know...Shallowville!!

*Great thing about blogs...You can confirm that your hairdryer only lasted you a year. I replaced the previous one in August 2007. The new one has a two-year warranty. I bet you I am going to test that...


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: